FyreWrap® Marine Blanket provides fire protection insulation for a variety of rated assemblies on marine structures and vessels. Thin, lightweight systems combined with a flexible product form result in lower installation costs and significant weight savings. This offers builders and owners reduced structure weight, which may yield increased vessel speed, fuel savings and available payloads.
FyreWrap Marine Blanket is utilized to insulate bulkheads and decks on passenger and vehicle fast ferries, cruise ships, commercial and military vessels, and offshore oil platforms. Tested systems are in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations, now defined under IMO Res.A.754(18).
Typical applications include:
- Steel bulkheads and decks
- Aluminum bulkheads and decks, including extruded thin plate designs (min. 2mm thick)
- Vehicle loading areas, engine rooms, storage areas, etc.
- Various H-Rated offshore structures
- Non-combustible insulation
- Exhaust ducts and pipes
FyreWrap Marine Blanket provides the following product features:
- U.S. Coast Guard approved for steel and aluminum structures
- Complies with SOLAS Safety Objectives and IMO FTP Code fire test requirements; Res.A.754(18)
- Fire Resisting Division for High Speed Craft (HSC); Res. MSC.45(65)
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) approved for steel and aluminum structures
- Fire protection structural insulation for bulkheads and decks
- Significant weight savings versus mineral wool systems
- Flexible blanket is easy to cut and install
- Contour wrap around multiple stiffeners and beams
- Up to 50% weight savings over mineral wool and significant installed cost savings